Monday 26 May 2014

Jumbo and Tattered Florals for Home Decor projects



One of the most popular Sizzix dies has to be Tattered Florals. They are fantastic as there are four flowers in different sizes and shapes and being a Bigz die means that versatility is warrantied. Loads of us crafters cheered when Tim Holtz released the Jumbo Tattered Florals.
I adore flowers, layering them, using them in different sizes and making them 3D.  That is why I was really looking forward to the opportunity to use the original Tattered Florals and the Jumbo ones. 

There are plenty of tutorials out there on how to assemble the Tattered Florals, but here is a quick reminder.


I die cut four large flowers. Then I made some cuts (clockwise): On one made just a cut, on the second I cut a petal off, on the third one I cut two petals off and finally on the fourth flower I cut three petals or cut in half.
Then I glued each end petals to each other and shaped the ends of the flowers using the Susan's Garden Tool Kit.


To assemble the layers I started with the centre (but you may want to start with the larger layer) rolling up the single petal and then added the other layers of petals. Trim the bottom ends of the flowers to be able to layer the petals closely together. To glue the layers, I used a cold melt glue gun. Quick and strong hold.


I repeat the same process with the largest flower from the original Tattered Florals. And the final results on the right hand side. Top is the Jumbo one and bottom the original Florals, quite a big difference is size.


I did the same with the rest of the flowers in both the Tattered Florals and the Jumbo ones.


All in all, six fine 3D flowers. I attached them to this nice wooden coat hanger, added the leaves using the Jumbo Florals I finished the decorating by adding a die cut Frameworks Courtyard.

2 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S
    GREAT DETAILS THANK YOU SO MUCH, WILL SHARE THIS BLOG WITH MY FRIENDS WHO LOVE TO MAKE BLOOMS XXXX

    ReplyDelete