Thursday 28 August 2014

Cotton and Steel


Hello - how is  your week turning out? I have my 3 grand-daughters staying with me this week - they are 1,3 and 5 - so as you can imagine there hasn't been a lot of sewing going on here! Well I have been altering some dresses for them as they are flower girls at a wedding next week - so I'll save showing you  their photo until they are all scrubbed and dressed up next week!
Needless to say I haven't had a moment to finish the bird table runner from last week - even though 5.30 a.m., has become a normal time in my day - so I'm afraid I'll have to postpone showing the finished item.
So why is the blog called Cotton and Steel this week - well it's because I have a selection of fabrics from the collection to start a new project -

There are quite a lot of fabrics in the fun new collection by some talented new designers - I love all the new colour and print mixes coming onto the market this year and hope it will continue for a long time. 
I have been given these to make a padded cover and top for a coffee table - we saw a picture of one we liked but decided that the budget wouldn't stretch to buying it - so we are going to make our own variation - so watch this space over the next few weeks to see how it progresses - and if it turns out the way we imagine!
Well the sun is shining and I have some little girls waiting to go shopping for a present for a birthday party tomorrow. When we come back we are going to use the Big - Shot and some Bigz dies to cut paper and card shapes to make some birthday cards and gift tags.
It won't be long now until bedtime - not the girls - mine!!
That's all for this week - I'm off to have some fun with 3 little beauties - more sewing news next time.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment