Saturday 16 August 2014

Diecut Flower Hair Clips



It's been a busy summer for the Hull family! At the end of July, we traveled to NY to watch my youngest daughter compete in her first triathlon. We brought three of our four kids and all three grandkids. We got there a few days ahead of the race so that meant there was time for some crafting.

No, I did not bring my Big Shot. But I did die cut some of my 3D flowers before we left: Trinity's Flower (of course!), Flower with Heart PetalsFringed Flower and Leaves. I also brought clips and headbands... just in case. Six month old Hunter is overseeing the process.

 I cut flowers from fleece in different shades of a few colors. I like fleece because it is very inexpensive, available in a wide range of colors and prints and the edges do not fray. The texture is really soft and it also stands up to rain very well! Ask me how I know...
Here Trinity is arranging the colors and layering them smallest to largest. When they are stacked, she added a brad to the center.

Then she fluffed the flowers up and threaded the prongs of the brads into the back of the clip.
Cute!
What's better than one flower? 
Three?
I think she is running out of room! We had a fun time making these hairclips. I love that Trinity is always ready to take on a new craft. We also did some stitching together. I had her draw a picture and then showed her how to make it into her own stitching pattern. It came out awesome.

My daughter did finish the triathlon and we were all so proud! Of course I was an emotional wreck by the time she finished 16 hours and 36 minutes later. Thanks for stopping by! Next time I will show you a Sneak Peek of the new collection that came out at the Paper Arts Show- Vintage Kitchen! I hope you will love it!

See you in two weeks I am gearing up right now for the BIG Paper Trail Tour departing from Virginia on September 3. I will be traveling for two months in my vintage camper teaching classes in stores, shops and art galleries with my Sizzix and Clearsnap lines. Follow along on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment