Saturday 16 August 2014

Scrappy Crossroads quilt top finished




Hi everyone!! Do you remember I told you about my Scrappy Crossroads quilt start ? You saw it at the end of July here . I finally got finished my four  blocks and I´m really happy because I love it !!!











I enjoyed a lot my fabric selection  with a feedsack style , love , love how easy is this block and  how easy it is with the squares dies by Sizzix.











I decided to add a border with white fabrics again and squares in the middle , what ´s your opinion ? Do you like  it ? 

I wanted a bigger quilt and I thought these would be a good option.







Now , I´m ready for quilting . I´m thinking I will be hand quilting  better than machine quilted.
So , for the moment you can see the top finished. 










If you wish to do something similar , use    Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Squares, 2" Finished (2 1/2" Unfinished) and take a  look to the previous post I told  you before to find how to sew it. 
Thanks for your comments and have a lovely week . 




Love
Mercedes


...........................................*************............................................






¡ Hola ! ¿Recuerdas  cuando te conté sobre el comienzo del quilt Scrappy Crossroads ?  Lo viste al final de Julio aquí . Pues finalmente conseguí acabar los cuatro bloques y estoy realmente feliz porque me encanta cómo ha quedado.

Disfruté un montón con la selección de telas que había hecho  y me gusta mucho lo fácil que es y cómo me ha ayudado el troquel de cuadrados  de Sizzix para facilitar la tarea de corte.

Decidí añadir un borde con  algo de tela blanca y  cuadrados en el medio. ¿Qué te parece ? ¿ Te gusta el efecto ?
Quería un quilt algo más grande y por eso creí   que  ésta  era una buena opción.

Ahora toca pensar en el acolchado. Creo que va a ser a mano porque lo merece , así que de momento solo tengo el top acabado.
Si quieres hacer algo similar , utiliza  el troquel   

Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Squares, 2" Finished (2 1/2" Unfinished)

  
      y echa un vistazo al artículo  previo que te dije antes y podrás ver cómo se monta el bloque.
Gracias una vez más por los comentarios que quieras dejar.








Que tengas un maravilloso fin de semana
Cariños 
Mercedes



4 comments:

  1. Es una preciosidad , te felicito por tus hermosas labores .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Mari, me alegro que te guste lo que hago .

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. ¡Gracias María, qué alegría saludarte por aquí !

      Delete